Wednesday, September 2, 2009

WEDDING BELLS!

Ahhhh, the joys of having one's first child get married!! It was a summer full of flurries of activities getting ready for everyone to travel across the country to attend the wedding, three receptions, and most energy-consuming of all . . . styling the WARDROBES!!! Two sets of clothes in two sets of color schemes--an Image Consultant and Color Consultant's dream come true! There was only one moment of panic when the bride and broom called a few weeks before the Big Day to say that they had changed the color pallette for the wedding photos! I had already carefully shopped and purchased the "perfect" green dress, but with only 10 shopping days left I was now looking for an achromatic dress: black or gray. Ugh. Not my usual or best summer colors. And then I came across a never-worn, formal, silver/blue Dupioni silk suit, stashed in the back of my closet, that I thought would "have to do." After scouring my favorite upscale vintage shop, Rags to Riches, for some great jewelry and some sparkly shoes, I was pretty content with the entire ensemble. I realized when the first photo proofs emerged, that the silver/blue silk was actually a great hue choice, proving once again that color, texture, line, shape, and pattern make the outfit. And really, I couldn't see very well how it all looked through all the tears. More photos to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment